Monday, November 7, 2011

Identity Crisis

A few months ago, someone asked me how old Trevor was. 
My response: umm...
... 22.
...Dangit no, 23.

She laughed and thought I was joking.
I let her believe that. 
But I for real had to think about it.
It's not my fault! Ever since forever, Trevor can never remember how old he is. It goes a little something like this:

Trevor: I'm 23, right?
Danielle: Yes.

next time... Trevor: Am I 23?
Danielle: I'm pretty sure. (does math) yes.

Next time... Trevor: How old am I?
Danielle: Um...

After so much questioning it's hard to be positive! And he's having another birthday in a few weeks... GREAT! 

The other thing we can never decide is if I have a middle name. 
My parents didn't give me a middle name. I was always just Danielle Porter, m.i. spot blank. When I was in preschool, the only question I missed on my skills development test was my middle name. 
The point was that when I got married, I could take Porter as my middle name. Unfortunately, DMV lady was not down with that. So my driver's license says Danielle Hansen and no middle initial. However, I'm pretty sure that on my Social Security card they let me keep Porter. Then in other places like the bank, I can't even remember if I kept it or not. Moral of this story: do I have a middle name according to the records of the universe? I don't know.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've changed my favorite color recently, or am in the process of changing it. It was always green for so long, because I love green. I love summer and grass and GREEN! But I also love pink, and purple, and mustard yellow. And gold. Can my favorite color just be rainbow?

I'll let you know when I get a hold of myself and figure out who I am again. Until then, I love all the colors, I may or may not have a middle name, and my husband is ageless.
XOXO
Hot date this weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. haha. some days I forget how old I am:-) But my favorite color has always been green, that I'm sure of! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are ca-ute! I also forget how old I am and do the same thing. But I do a bigger range. Babe am I 25? No you're 21. Sweetie am I 23 or 22? You're 21. Am I 20 or 24? 21.

    hahahahahha!!!! I also love mustard yellow. Or any shade of yellow for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I LOVE this! Just the other day someone asked how old I was and I told them I'm 22. A few minutes later I realized I was so WRONG and had to correct myself and tell them 23 (almost 24 ha) OOPS!
    You and Trevor are the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete