I know this family blog has really taken a turn for the baby side of things in the last little while, but let's be honest, Milo is the most interesting member of this family and it's his little mannerisms that I'll want to remember in the years to come (and he changes so fast!).
For the record and in case you're wondering about our life, here it is in a nutshell: Trevor is in school, I'm being mommy and working part time with my munchkin, we are madly in love, we're obsessed with Milo, it's hot outside and I like it, I hit a snake with the car the other day and it was gross, I'm working with the young women, Trevor is in nursery, Trevor works part time as a graduate assistant, we're really poor, Texas is fun.
Milo, oh Milo. He is so fun. And funny. And little. And charming.
- Waving at people. Once you start, you better be ready to wave back and forth for as long as you're within eyeshot. It is humanly impossible to leave that little tiny boy hanging.
- Milo thinks the church chorister is waving at him. So he smiles and waves at her for the whole hymn. I die.
- He likes to squint his eyes at people. He blinks at me. It's like we talk through eye squints. Hilarious.
- He loves playing with pans and wooden spoons.
- Drinking his milk
- Throwing his food on the floor
- Water bottles. Still happening.
- Being held. Or not being held. Depends on the situation and how much stuff there is to explore.
- Running around in open spaces. We took him to Sam's Club aka baby heaven the other day. He was screaming with joy and running around like his little life depended on it. And then he wanted to play with the wine bottles so that needed to be over.
- He loves sailing in the cart. And proceeding to wave to everyone. Or laugh at them. Sometimes he stands there and just does little "hmm" giggles at everyone he sees, whether they're looking at him or not. It cracks me up so much.
- The little "squish squish squish" sound of his diaper while he runs around kills me. I love it. He's just such a busy little bee!
- Looking out the window
- Talking. He talks ALL day. So many important things when you're Milo!
He's also so good when I take him to work with me. We take pictures a lot (he rides around the houses in the stroller), and maybe once a week I take him in to the office for a meeting (knowing that he has about a 30 minute expiration date on being happy eating marshmallows and playing in the stroller with new things I hand him every 90 seconds). He's such a trooper about it though, and I'm so glad I can take him with me everywhere I go! I also have a couple of afternoons a week when Trevor is home early that I go in for about 2 hours by myself, so usually I try to get all the office stuff done then. The beauty of this job is that I can do it mostly from home after bedtime. So ideal!
I love, love, love that little munch!
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Always watching out the windows :)
Posted by Danielle at 10:03 AM
Saturday, March 15, 2014
He's one, he's one! I can hardly believe this time last year I was in the hospital having the best day of my whole life! I daydream about that day all the time. So surreal and words can't even describe how it felt to meet my little Milo!
I've been ridiculous and emotional about this whole birthday thing. I'm not completely sure why it's getting to me like it is, but I just can't believe the whole first year already happened! I've never done anything more fun and wonderful and indescribable as being mommy, and I'm so glad it never has to be over. Whew!!
We celebrated Milo's birthday earlier this week while we were in Kansas. I love my sister so much. She helped us make Milo's birthday so special. It was so fun to have his cousins there to share the fun! And she's a pro baker/cake decorator, so she helped me make this cute little lion cake for my little lion boy to smash:
All the cousins!
He took a minute to get crazy with it, but not that long of a minute :) He was totally into that frosting. Truly a boy after his momma's heart.
He got a grocery cart from Aunt Sarah that he is in LOVE with, and some Duplos and a container (Milo's dream) from Grandma and Grandpa.
So fun celebrating with everyone. This boy has so many people wrapped around his little finger, and so many people who love him! It makes me so happy to see him loved and happy and secure. Here's to a whole year of Milo!
Posted by Danielle at 2:34 PM
Friday, March 14, 2014
Last week we met up with Sarah and her kids and drove to Kansas for Spring Break! 5 kids + 3 adults in 1 minivan was actually much better than it sounds! So glad we could make the trip!
Milo was such a trooper in the car.
SISTERS! So fun talking nonstop for 5 days straight :)
My little booboo who took about 2 naps the whole trip. No wonder he is currently sleeping in 2 hours past usual :)
We went to Science City downtown. So cool!! I could have spent all day there. I'm all for kid activities that are awesome for the big kids too.
We saw our favorite Uncle Russ! Milo spent the whole time in his diaper being held over the pool and kicking his feet. He loves water! Future diver? :)
All of us at the museum- my dad volunteers there so we got to see behind the scenes of the dinosaur exhibit!
Sarah highlighted my hair! Yay blonde!
Milo finally took naps on the drive home. It's always such a relief to see sweet little sleepy babes get their naps after long days!
Dinner with my girls!! <3
We met up with Uncle Garrett in Oklahoma City on the way home! So fun :)
Posted by Danielle at 7:29 AM
Monday, March 3, 2014
I can't believe it either. Wasn't I just in the hospital staring at my newborn little munchkin?
I have to admit that it is kind of killing me that Milo is almost 1. I love every new thing he learns and every new stage, but it is going too darn fast. I already miss yesterday! I mean seriously, wait up, baby!
Pre-work kisses, always.
He's been working hard on his top teeth lately. They're coming, they're coming!
He still likes to get stuck behind the treadmill.
A picture because, sleeping baby, you know?
Cheeser. I die over that baby tum and mohawk.
Socks on the hands, because we all know they don't stay on his feet :).
He finally hit almost the 20%!! Yay Milo!!!
- He learned to scream and practices his voice all the time
- He likes to hide things in the corners of the couch
- He is an expert at waving
- He likes to open and close his mouth and make a pop sound
- Favorite toys: empty cans, spoons to use as drumsticks, water bottles, his red bucket filled with Milo treasures
- He dances every time he hears music and I love it so much.
- Good sleeper! Wakes up at 7:30, naps at 11 and 4, bed at 8.
- He is a squirmy little guy. I got him to read stories on my lap this morning for 5 minutes and felt like we had the best cuddle session in months. It was awesome.
- He loves being carried around and having Momma and Daddy close
- He is so observant. He looks around and takes everything in and explores nonstop.
- He is such a good little walker. He officially walks more than he crawls because it is faster.
I LOVE him!!!
Posted by Danielle at 7:36 AM