Sunday, December 2, 2012

23 Weeks!

Well hello there, belly!


How far along? 23 weeks, 5 days

How big is baby? Size of a large mango- 10 ish inches and about 1-1.5 lbs!

Maternity clothes? Low waisted jeans are my friends. Still crossing my fingers that I can get through another month or two wearing my normal pants low like a gangster, buttoning them with a rubber band, and rocking my leggings like I have no shame. I'm carrying really low, though, which makes the whole pants buttoning thing a challenge!

Stretch marks? Hoping to avoid them as much as possible!

Sleep? Like a baby. Anytime, anywhere. Don't doubt my ability to sleep whenever and wherever I desire!

Symptoms? Oh- still sick. Trying to ignore the fact that I'm over 5 months pregnant and still sick. But the doctor says it's ok and not too uncommon, and baby is getting strong and growing great. So I'm taking it a day at a time, and more than anything just happy to have him coming and healthy! I only cry about it like once a week. So that's good right?

I also have total pregnancy brain. "I just want to read my tomato" and "I'm going to go fold the window"... best my brain can do apparently. And I only have to have people repeat assignments at work like 50% of the time... so there's that.

Best moment last week? Baby gymnastics practice every night before bed. He LOVES showing off!

Movement? ALWAYS! I watch my belly move all day long. So entertaining. He especially enjoys kicking my bladder.

Food cravings? Raspberry Creamies. Also yogurt is back on my list of tolerable foods! Sadly, probably never again my beloved cherry flavor. But blackberry? That I can do. Basically, anything anti-heartburn, since I basically feel like my throat is on fire all day every day.

Food aversions? Asian food. Mexican food. Indian food. Essentially, food with flavor.

Gender? BOY BOY BOY!!!

Labor signs? Just a growing belly for now!

Belly button in/out? In, but starting to stick out on top. I think my days of an innie are numbered.

What I miss: This answer will be exactly the same every time I do this survey: I miss zero things about not being pregnant. Any day of headaches and puking and exhaustion is better than a day of feeling great and not being able to get this baby on the way!

What I am looking forward to: Appointment this week! Love checking up on this little guy!

Milestones: I feel like my belly has pretty much tripled in size in the last 3 weeks. Which I'd say is a pretty remarkable milestone :). I'm loving that I get to show the bump off every day!

Life is good! :)

7 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I am so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so pretty! I just love how excited you are, it is contagious! so happy for you =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous and that bump of yours is just adorable! I really feel for you still feeling sick. I could hardly keep anything down for my first 3 months of pregnancy and the thought of being back at that stage makes me cringe. I really hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest pregnant lady ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your sicky pain! I threw up every.single.day. If I wanted to eat something, within 20 minutes I was sick. Then when I was in the hospital the meds they gave me for the c-section made me throw up. I couldn't win!

    ReplyDelete