Disclaimer: Don't judge me for being dorky and talking about emotions and girl issues.
An emotional, comparing, self-image issue having girl.
And I absolutely despise admitting it.
And we even get a special week every month to take a self esteem hit.
Normally, I would say I'm pretty self confident.
I feel comfortable in my own skin.
I am happy, healthy, and love life.
I am at peace with my imperfections (which are many) and feel like I can always improve on something.
But every now and then (And more often than I would like to admit), this little monster named "self esteem issues" creeps in.
And I feel like I'm not good enough, or pretty enough, or smart enough, or awesome enough... or whatever.
And I feel like everyone else is.
Like I said. UGH!
After a good long talk with my sister and some of the right words from my hubby (thank goodness for them), I felt better. But here are the conclusions I have come to:
1. As much as I don't want people to know that I have bad self esteem days, I do. Goal: Remember that I am God's daughter and He loves me.
2. The people I admire most are the ones who are confident, happy, and have their priorities straight. Goal: Be that girl.
3. Comparing myself to other people will not help anything. Just because I admire someone does not mean that I have to be as awesome as them right this second. Goal: As cliche as it sounds, remember that I have special talents, too. I just need to learn the right way to use them. Also, nobody cares as much about my weaknesses as I do.
4. Being pretty isn't all that matters. When all your friends are gorgeous, it's easy to get into the comparison thing again. Bad idea. Goal: Be healthy and confident. Have a beautiful soul. It will radiate on the outside.
5. Goal: BE special. Help people. Serve people. Remember the things that are important and do them. Be the person who does good. Be a friend. Be a listener. Those are the things that matter most.