Tuesday, February 17, 2015

1 More Month









Milo is only going to be 1 for one more month. I realized on Sunday that it was the month-away-from-2 mark and almost had a minor heart attack. Honestly though, I think I'm coping better with 2 than I did with 1. He acts like a 2 year old, talks like a 2 year old, plays like a 2 year old, and he hasn't really been a baby for quite a while. And I am really, really enjoying my big boy. As much as I miss the baby phase- oh I miss that baby phase- there is so much good about the toddler thing. So we're wrapping our heads around it and loving it all.

I keep finding Milo in various levels of nudity because he learned a new trick called taking off his clothes and diaper. I'm actually amazed it took him this long (and still in shock that he hasn't started climbing out of his crib yet (and now I've jinxed it)) so now I get to redo one of the top 3 most difficult tasks of the day over and over (right up there with getting in and out of the car).

He wakes up every morning asking for kickies (Kix) and nanas. At least he's decisive about breakfast. And then of course I pull out my cottage cheese and he wants that instead. And I'm all muahaha protein!

He wants to walk all by himself at the store. The only problem here is that he doesn't want to hold my hand, or stay close to me, or sit in the cart. So I'm somewhat at a loss, but I'm sure we'll figure something out eventually. Right now my solution is chocolate.

All things trains/cars/airplanes make this boy light up like you wouldn't believe. He sees big trucks in the parking lot and "vroom vrooms" at them, and when we were in Kansas and he got to ride in the truck, you would have thought it was Christmas.

He is the definition of all boy. Always dirty, always wanting to go outside, throwing, running, jumping... I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do with a girl at this point.

He loves doing his nursery songs, dancing, and singing little songs. OH it melts my heart.

He's big enough to have feelings now, and every day is about making sure he knows I love him because even when he doesn't act like his feelings are hurt, I know he needs to feel secure and safe and loved. I went in and looked at him last night and just hoped and prayed that he knows how much he's loved. One thing I do love about the toddler thing is that he can love me and be my buddy back, which is pretty fulfilling after him not being able to respond much when he was tiny.

As unfairly fast as the transition from baby to toddler went, I'm trying everything I can to just focus on my big boy, right now. I'll never get those days back, and I'll never get these days back. The best we can do is love them all, which he makes pretty easy. Never could have known how full this boy would make my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, I adore this post!! My little man will be 1 in two weeks and my heart is melting over it. But just like you said, each time is to be cherished, the moments are all so special! I wouldn't know what to do with a girl either at this point, I've got my hands full with a boy!

    ReplyDelete