Sunday, January 27, 2013

31 Weeks!

Excuse the absence of the chalkboard wall/decent camera. It's at my brother's house and he is the one with a good camera and the knowledge to use it, and he has been out of town. 
How far along? 31 Weeks, 5 days

How big is baby? Size of a head of lettuce! 19 inches and almost 4 lbs! p.s. this app on my phone that tells me the size comparisons is crazy. Let me know the next time you find a 19 inch long head of lettuce.

Maternity clothes? At this point, I'm just wearing lots of dresses with leggings and breaking out all my biggest shirts (or wearing shirts that I won't be mad if they get stretched out). None of the flowy shirts are super flattering because they flaire out at the bottom, so I'm doing a lot of hairtie- cinching of the bottom of my shirts. If it's comfortable, it's a win! 

Stretch marks? I've dodged that bullet so far, but I'm getting bigger by the second these days. Hang in there, belly!

Sleep? This one is getting a little touch and go. I sleep in about 3-hour increments (which I guess will be good practice for when I'm waking up that often to feed him) and then usually wake up because he wants to have boxing practice on my internal organs. There are very few days I make it past 5 in the evening without succumbing to a passed out, dead-to-the-world nap. Taking advantage of this luxury while I still can!

Symptoms? I've been feeling MUCH better (now I'm usually only sick at night. Yay! I can live with that easily!). Also, headaches and back pain and heartburn, but nothing unbearable. Otherwise, just sleeeepy like you would not believe! Or maybe you would. It takes a lot of work to make a human!

Best moment last week? Lots of dreams about him coming. I am SO EXCITED and my due date is less than 2 months away!!!



Movement? You can just call my belly "the wave". He's always rolling around and being crazy. As long as he's having fun in there, right?


Food cravings? Teddy grahams and pretzels. Hi, I eat like a first grader.

Food aversions? My appetite has actually taken another turn for the "craving nothing" feeling of the first trimester. It's hard to think of what sounds good, and I get full really fast (apparently it's getting a little crowded in there!). 

Gender? BOY! And I couldn't be more excited about that! 

Labor signs? Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, and they are getting stronger and longer at this point. Sometimes I have to sit down for a while so they'll stop! Strangely, I haven't been getting them so much when I run, usually it's more when I'm walking around shopping or something. I swear the other day I thought I was going to have to have Trevor carry me out of the mall before I gave birth in the middle of Sears (ok not really, it just felt that way. I know for sure that it's not true labor).

Belly button in/out? Pretty far out these days. The term belly button has taken on a whole new meaning :)

What I am looking forward to: Another appointment on Thursday! And mostly just cuddling my little boy and being a MOM! The other night I couldn't sleep (common these days, what can ya do) and I went into his room and looked at all his baby clothes that people have given us, and his little swing and animals, and just kept getting more and more excited to love him and hold him all day, every day!

We're also starting to really plan our move- I can't believe it's really happening so soon! We have the short month of February, then March a.k.a. baby month!!! a.k.a. best month ever, then April of probably being new mom zombie mixed with packing, and then we're moving! Lots of apartment hunting and moving plans and furniture selling is what we're up to these days. And the sooner we move, the sooner I get to decorate baby Milo's room for real- WOOHOO!

I'm thinking it's about time to hit up Kid to Kid for some essentials (hoping to get by with the minimums before the move so that we don't have to haul quite as much to Texas with us). Also- we want to pack a hospital bag, but have no idea what we'll REALLY actually need. I don't want to bring a bunch of random stuff that the hospital provides, but I don't want to be caught without something we really wish we had thought of, either. Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Seriously? 31 weeks? You're so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your doing better. So crazy you'll be moving soon. Thats a lot of work and planning. As for hospital bag...my list definitely will change from what I did last time with Dexter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until I can say that I'm 31 weeks!!! You are getting so close! And, looking cute as always!! My friend had a really nice hospital list all typed up that I used. I will have to check with her for that list again! Also- Don't go way overboard, you always come home with so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, i googled "lettuce 19 inches" and most of the pictures are pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete