Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Galveston

My absence last week can be described by one thing: the beach (aka Heaven). We went to Galveston and stayed in a beach condo with some friends last week and it was perfect. Despite what I've heard about Galveston (that the beaches aren't so great and it's nasty/dirty etc), we loved it. I was so pleasantly surprised. Mid October is officially the best time to do Galveston (not that I've ever been at a different time :)) and it was a really perfect place for little ones because:
- It was still warm enough to swim in the water (which is warm!)
- The beach was shallow and there was tons of soft sand for Milo to dig in all day long
- Low tourist season= super cheap condo rentals!
- It wasn't crowded at all. We got to do everything we wanted to without having to deal with any traffic, which is definitely my idea of a good vacation.
- We got basically the entire beach to ourselves.

We hit up the beach, aquarium, and a ferry ride, and I ran along the beach every morning and watched the sunrise. So cliche, but you really can't beat a sunrise beach run, can you?!


My brother and his wife came for a day from Houston and brought their new baby Zoey! I love her.

Sunrise... I could handle this view every day!
He fell asleep during the fairy ride. Equal to heaven.
Loved having a family vacation finally. And then yesterday it was back to work/school/life. And today I clean. Yahoo! :)

1 comment:

  1. Galveston island beaches are the ones I grew up going to and I absolutely loved them! I never thought they were gross or dirty! Seeing you there and on the ferry is making me nostalgic! You have to check out Kemah boardwalk down in that area. Tons of restaurants right on the bay and a little amusement park. It's so much fun! My favorite restaurant there is Joe's Crab Shack :) Oh man, I miss Texas haha.

    ReplyDelete